Last night, man, I was pooped. I had been working and cleaning and doing laundry all day. Ick. But after our vacation, I was itchin’ to get in the kitchen. (Hey, that rhymed. Nicee.) Anyways, I decided I deserved something delicious and homemade. But it had to be:
2. Cold (I have this weird thing where I base my meal decisions on whether I want hot or cold food. Yeah… anyways.)
3. …and cheeeeesy. What can I say? I had a hankerin’.
As I always do when I’m looking for something simple and delicious to make, I opened up my most recent edition of Rachael Ray, and found this:
It met all the requirements…
1. Easyyy peasy. This is all it takes.
2. Cold. Nom nom nom on some freshhnesss. Yes.
3. Cheeesyy. I love me some fresh mozzarella any day. Coulda ate the whole log if I tried.
So if you’re having one of those days, and you want some cheese and garlic bread at its freshest and finest, make this.
Mozzarella Grilled Pepper Salad:
Ingredients (serves 4):
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 bell peppers (mixed colors to make it perty.)
- 1/2 pint grape tomatoes, quartered lengthwise
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 large baguette, sliced crosswise into 3/4 inch- thick slices
- 8 oz. mozzarella cheese, cubed
- 1/3 cup torn basil leaves (I used cilantro cause that’s all I had. But basil and mozzarella are always a great team.)