ALOT has happened. People everywhere. Brother’s wedding. People gone. Working, working. Trip to Vail. And finally, home. Kinda feels like letting out a breath you’ve been holding in for a week. Aaaahhhhhh. Yes.
I would like to tell you everything that has happened over the past week and a half, but I won’t. You’re welcome. Instead, here’s my top ten favorites of lately...
1. My brother’s wedding. It was just the best, and I got to be a bridesmaid for the first time. I think I’d just like to sign up to be a bridesmaid in people’s weddings as a career. Any takers?
2. Cake pops. Not the fakey Starbuck’s kind, but the moist kind with cake and frosting on the inside. My baker cousin made them for the wedding. Changed my world.
Definitely making some of these soon.
3. My new Lulu Lemon clothes. I splurged. I don’t feel guilty. Its really a wonderful thing.
4. The Help. I have been reading this book the past week and a half. It’s awesome y’all. If you need a summer read, pick this.
5. Hempz lotion. I got it in my bridesmaid gift. Its divine and works wonders on my ashy Colorado hands.
6. Homemade Hawaiian Pizza (courtesy of my Rachael Ray mag). My parents and I made it on our vaca to Vail. We made it with real ham steak, fresh pineapple and mozzarella, and great crust. I never want to get delivery again.
7. Horse. Yes, just one horse. My horse John that I rode in Vail this weekend. After traumatic past experiences on horses, he is the only one I will trust.
8. Cinnamon Raison Ezekiel Bread. This is not a new thing. We have had a relationship for quite a while now. But in all the hustle and bustle lately, there have been lots of breakfasts out to eat, and I just missed it a lot. My family and I kind of have this problem where we go to sleep excited about having our Ezekiel bread with almond butter and jelly in the morning. If you’ve ever tried it, you should know what I’m talking about. Anyways, we were happily reunited this morning, and I decided it deserved a shoutout for being so wonderful.
9. Segways. Always wanted to ride one. Rode one along the river on Vail Mountain. Gotta get one.
10. This whole wheat pancake from Butterhorn Cafe & Bakery in Frisco, CO. Topped with strawberries, blueberries, bananas, walnuts, and powdered sugar. Changed my worldview on pancakes. That’s for sure.
It’s been a wonderful week and a half. But real life isn’t so bad, either. Breeeeaaatheeeee.